Re: "apt" to eventaully replace "rpm"?

That sounds like a writer with Debian experience and a feeling Apt is easier than RPM. There are some things in RPM that are quite odd. I think Apt is a simpler method. I have ubuntu-7.10 loaded and it uses Apt and it seems to update as well as RPM.

It is not really correct to compare apt to rpm, a better comparison would be to compare apt to yum (or at a lower level rpm to dpkg).

Chris