A tool for video similar to audacity?

Is there a simple to use video tool similar to audacity? I have a fairly manual way of pulling snippets of good material out of a stream of mostly crap, but what I would like is an easy to use way of finding the start of the undesired material with drame by frame stepping, marking it, finding the end, and then just removing the unwanted material with some nuke-it feature.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>