Re: OT: are usb flash drives suitable archival media?

Dave Stevens wrote:
your thought? tests? reviews?

Since you ask, my current choice is DVD, using the dvdisaster system of software assisted error recovery. Nothing is perfect, but a verified DVD with software error recovery assist and good storage procedures is about is cost effective as anything you would get on a flash drive, and a hell of a lot less likely to be accidentally overwritten.

*Note*: unless a copy is stored off-site, it's not a backup it's an archive. Think fire, flood, theft, untrusted employee, idiot relative, etc.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>