Re: [FC8] irqbalance dead but subsys locked

Deepak Shrestha wrote:
Hi,

My FC8 installation went well and running well too but every time I
shutdown my computer, I can see the message that "irqbalance
[FAILED]".  I didn't mind it much. Today when I was configuring the
services, I saw the irqbalance services and its status was "irqbalance
dead but subsys locked". So far I am not affected by failing of this
particular services but I am just curious about it. As the name
suggests, it must be for balancing irq services

but

Is this a serious problem? Is there a way to solve it? Can I disable
this service?

By the way this is personal fedora installation.

Thanks

Yes, I have wondered about the same thing on two F8 computers here.

Bob Goodwin