Re: [FC8] irqbalance dead but subsys locked

Deepak Shrestha wrote:

> Thanks for the info. So its  a known issue. If it cannot do the thing
> it was supposed to do in my hardware, Can I safely disable it?
>
> Thanks

If you only have a single processor, then definitely disable it. I
am not sure, but I suspect that if you are running a dual core
processor, that you may want to try editing
/etc/sysconfig/irqbalance and set ONESHOT=YES. On the other hand,
from what I read, you can not do a lot of balancing with dual core
processors. Something about sharing processor cache.

Mikkel