Re: OT: are usb flash drives suitable archival media?

Kam Leo wrote:

--
Robin Laing

Use DVD-R or DVD+R media. I would not recommend using DVD+WR media.

You're supposed to be able to use DVD+WR as a DVD-ROM. Well, long
story short, a DVD-ROM disc created on DVD+RW media 6 months ago is
totally unreadable. I tried reading the data using 4 different drives.
None of the drives could detect that media was in the drive. There is
probably something wrong with the burner I'm using. It is also causing
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If so, nothing else is relevant.
4X CD-RW media to become coasters after an erasing operation.

Nothing here suggests to me you'd have done better with write-once media.

You should verify important backups immediately.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait