Re: VNC on FC8, what's vncts?

Ferindo Middleton wrote:
I've setup VNC on FC6 before by adding some services in /etc/xinetd.d/
directory... I've installed FC8 and have noticed that after installing the
packages, there's a default file, /etc/xinetd.d/vncts Inside this file is a
reference in the comments at the top that refer to /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess to
finish the setup,however I don't see this Xaccess file in the filesystem.
Anyone know how to complete this to get VNC working this way?

rpm -qif /etc/xinetd.d/vncts

I don't have such a file.

# default: off
# To use this remote vnc method:
# * Allow local accesss to Xserver/XDMCP, add to /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess:
#   localhost
# Then, this server is accessible at vncviewer <server>:0-5

See whether you have one:
[root potoroo ~]# locate /Xaccess
/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
/etc/kde/kdm/Xaccess