Re: how to share internet connection in fedora

maybe I'm the only one who understood the question.  I thought he stated very simply and straightforward exactly what he needed:

"can u plz explain me how to share internet connection in fedora os"

The answer and pertinent pointers are pretty simple as well.  Sorry you don't get it.

moi <rainer lucien sysadmin at> wrote:
If possible, could you just stop this useless commotion ?

Dear  Paul, the first answer stile "if you donĀ“t really tell us WHAT you need, we cannot provide you any kind of solution" was and is perfectly acceptable.

If you would like discussing that matter on a personal level (yes, I often consider myself an imbecile and nevertheless managed to be an RHCE and work as a systems manager), please do so with just the specific persons involved - and not the whole mailing list.

bye
moi

Paul Shaffer schrieb:
Yes, thank you.  It would be preferred for you to keep the excrement "in" your ass.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> wrote:
Paul Shaffer wrote:
> Azeez, what you need is not trite retorts from resident list imbeciles
> (see Bill's response below), but rather to employ an iptables firewall
> application/script. There are numerous available to meet any need from
> simple to enterprise-capable. Firestarter, Shorewall, and I believe
> there is a basic firewall configuration utility in the distro. The
> web-based firewall gui in Webmin provides a very simple rudimentary
> funtion for this. There are many others. Keywords: firewall, nat, masq.

Right, without knowing if he's asking how to plug two computers into a
switch, use Fedora as a firewall, run multiple virtual machines network
connected, or any of the other things you could mean by "share internet
connection in fedora." Instead of asking for clarification so I could
actually help with his problem I should have pulled an answer out of my
ass so I look smart?

Well I guess I should have, you sure did.

On TV game shows someone gives an answer and then the contestant has to
make up a matching question. On a mailing list the question comes first
and then you have to understand it and provide the matching answer.

--
Bill Davidsen