Re: ZFS in Fedora?

Depends on the licensing they have release the software under to the opensource world. I think its not in the GPL family ! There is a fuse type implementation.

/ASD

Dave Stevens wrote:
In an article in Information Week on November 5, 2007 I read, "What Sun's OpenSolaris Means For Open Source

Sun Microsystems has turned its Solaris operating system, which uses the next-generation ZFS file system, into an open-source project; free downloads are now available. " This is at:
 http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=202802683

Does this mean that ZFS can be implemented in Fedora? Is anyone aware of a port?

Dave

--
Aly S.P Dharshi
aly dharshi telus net