Re: Is Beagle a Good Thing?

Chris Jones wrote:

FWIW, beagle is supposed to (and does, when working properly) suspend
indexing activity when the machine is in use.

That may be correct, but all I can say is in my experience beagle's indexing seems to take longer and is more noticeable to the user, than when tracker is doing its thing.

Not exactly a scientific comparison I grant you...

Chris

I've installed Google Desktop Search and am quite happy with it, other than it's plugin for Thunderbird. That's a real hog.