Re: Fedora and Ubuntu

Karl Larsen wrote:

Ubuntu uses apt-get and a GUI thing like Pup but it works much better. I have no desire to do it in a terminal. When I set it up the first time it took 90 updates. I was amazed how fast it went and zero problems. There are several things not Fedora or normal Ubuntu applications that I MUST have. On Ubuntu they are all a simple # apt-get install and they do all the work bringing in the necessary libs and such.

That's not particularly a difference between apt-get and yum - it has to do with whether or not the package in question happens to be maintained in a usable repository.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com