[Rhm-users] Problem installing MRG beta 1

Andrew Stitcher astitcher at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 11:35:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 09:43 +0000, Andy Grove wrote:
> I tried compiling from source using the tar from the link you supplied
> but I get some compilation errors - here is the first one:
>
> qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp: In destructor 'virtual
> qpid::broker::SemanticState::~SemanticState()':
> qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp:74: error: no matching function for call
> 'qpid::broker::SemanticState::cancel(boost::ptr_container_detail::ref_pair<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, qpid::broker::SemanticState::ConsumerImpl* const>)'
> qpid/broker/SemanticState.h:129: note: candidates are: void
> qpid::broker::SemanticState::cancel(qpid::broker::SemanticState::ConsumerImpl&)
> qpid/broker/SemanticState.h:156: note:                 void
> qpid::broker::SemanticState::cancel(const std::string&)
>
> Any idea why I am getting these errors? Is it because I'm using Fedora
> 8 rather than RHEL5?

I know they were some problems compiling the qpid C++ broker with F8,
and I'm not sure whether they were all fixed. I don't think F8 is a
regular development platform for any of the main C++ broker contributors
yet, so this could have slipped in. BTW it appears that the cause is a
different version of boost in F8, so downgrading it to the version in F7
would probably fix this issue.

Andrew