[Rhm-users] Unable to connect using Java client with RHM beta

Andy Grove andy at codesuccess.com
Sat Dec 8 08:43:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed the RHM java client version 0.2.4 from RPMs yesterday and I am
trying to connect to the RHM C++ broker but connections timeout. If I kill
the RHM broker and run the Apache QPID Java broker the client connects fine.

Do I need to change my connection settings for RHM? These are the settings I
am currently using:

java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.qpid.jndi.PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory
connectionfactory.local = amqp://guest:guest@clientid
/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

I'm using the following Java code to connect:

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(properties);
AMQConnectionFactory cf = (AMQConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup("local");
Connection conn = cf.createConnection();

Thanks,

Andy.