[Rhm-users] Getting started with C++ broker

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Fri Oct 19 17:39:24 UTC 2007

Andy,

There is not a nice clean answer for the RCs that are currently built.
In the early versions the Java broker was extended to resolve some of
the JMS issues which has not made it to the AMQP spec yet - where the
yum install is on AMQP 0-9.

Qpid has only released a 0-8 of AMQP, and we as busy releasing a M2 at
qpid (looking for one more bug)... hopefully we start a vote today.

To for JMS M2 Java - Java wold be best or M2 C++ broker. E.g.
http://rhm.et.redhat.com/download/qpidc-0.1-5.M2.x86_64.rpm

However, I'm not sure there would be any notable performance benefit on
M2. Most of the performance work is being done on trunk for 0-10 in C++,
which we are in the middle of testing / fixing and I expect that this
will be the next version pushed to Fedora.

If you want to most stable I would pick up M2 from the download links
above... then cut across to 0-10 from yum in a few weeks.. If you want
to be on the latest and help file issues while we close down pick up
this set *-0.2-*.rpm.  We have shown maxed G IO (non-RDMA) tuned.

Sorry for the options answer, let me know if you want comments on
anything else.
Carl