[rhn-satellite-beta-users] satellite-installation: verification of cert fails

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Fri Feb 2 07:57:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:19:29AM -0500, pvetere at redhat.com wrote:
> Thanks for trying out the beta.  Based on your email, it appears that you
> are
> running a satellite on a guest instance (domU).  I also see that your prompt
> says 'rhel4'.  Is the guest instance on which you are running the satellite
> in
> fact rhel4?  Please note that we are only supporting installation of the
> satellite beta on a rhel4 physical system.
I noticed in the docs and thats why i mentioned it, and you can now rise arms
and say 'not my business', but i would like to hear in what kind you need a
physical machine. You shouldnt need special kernel-modules or the like, only
cause i can think of you dont want the satellite to run virtualized in some
kind and check for that.

> Could you send me your satellite certificate (via email)?  I will to
> reproduce
> the situation you are seeing.
You should just get the mail.

Christian