[rhn-satellite-beta-users] Re: Satellite Post scripts

Matthew Davis mdavis at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 15:44:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 10:33:01AM -0500, Kukrer, Koray wrote:
> 	I hit to my first configuration issue with the new satellite. We are using postscripts in our kickstart profiles. When I was configuring the kickstart profile for the new beta satellite, it did not allow me to create one with more than 2000 characters. Our post-script's size is currently 4500 characters. Is there any other mechanism to allow it?

This is a known issue that is going to be fixed when rhn5 comes out.

A possible workaround is to split up the 4.5k script into 3 scripts each under
2k characters.

Or use %includes.  Check kickstart-docs.txt provided by the anaconda rpm for
more information about %include's

/usr/share/doc/anaconda-10.1.1.46/kickstart-docs.txt (on rhel4).

--
Matthew Davis, RHCE
RHN Sustaining Engineer