[rhn-satellite-beta-users] Satellite 5 Beta and new RHEL5 GA

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 00:11:37 UTC 2007

RHN Satellite 5.0 Beta was written last year and released just after
RHEL 5 Beta 2 went public. As such the code base used the RHEL 5 Beta 2
path for the 'RPM-GPG-KEY', which changed for RHEL 5 GA. So, the bug is
real, and nothing you can do to fix it really. You can create a manual
post script to import the right file for the Beta Satellite product.
This is fixed in 4.2 Satellite and will also be fixed in the RHN 5.0 Sat
GA version when released.

[root at dhcp231-182 rpm-gpg]# pwd
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg
[root at dhcp231-182 rpm-gpg]# ls
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora            RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-beta
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test       RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-former
RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-auxiliary  RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release
[root at dhcp231-182 rpm-gpg]#

Something like:

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release

Note, for RHEL 5 Red Hat changed the key used to sign RPMS. All RHEL
2.1, 3 & 4 rpms are signed with the RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-former key.

Cliff.