[rhn-users] listen to a timeserver with ntp,continuously sync the time on a running system

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Tue Apr 20 14:26:25 UTC 2004

Having wrestled with this same beast, I discovered that
using hwclock after ntpd starts running will cause ntpd to
stop operating. Rebooting cures this until hwclock is again used,
This might not be related to your problem but it was to mine.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> ltrotter at ajusd.org 04/20/04 10:00AM >>>
I am having the same problem with ntpd. I have tried to sync to different
servers with no luck. This is my main dns server that all other servers
sync to, I hope someone finds something. Thanks

 On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:06:38 +0200, Frank.Humpohl wrote
> Hello their,
>
> I've a problem to sync the time at a RH Enterprise 3 Server with a
> timeserver in ouir network (also RH Enterprise 3) continuously.
> What happens is, that when I start up the system it syncs with the
> timeserver given by ntp.conf. While running the system no timesync
> will be made till the next restart.
> How can I say ntpd to look for the time continuously?
>
> Please leave my friend in copy
>
> Regards
> Frank

Lonnie Trotter