[rhn-users] RHN on RHEL3 generates blue screen in terminal...

Alexander W Roberts AWRoberts at armstrong.com
Tue Aug 3 16:21:35 UTC 2004

I'm trying to run up2date on a RHEL 3 ES server that we just installed and
everytime it generates a blue screen in the terminal (not a blue screen of
death at leat) and all cursors disappear so I have no idea what's going
on. This happens when ssh'd to the server via xterm and even when on
console. I've used up2date and up2date-nox. Both generate the same result.
I've used up2date succesfully before on everything from RedHat 8  through
Fedora Core 2 and even a RHEL 2.1 AS server and I've never seen it do
something like this. X is not installed on this server.  Anyone have any
ideas or encountered this before?

TIA,

Alex Roberts
Infrastructure Analyst