[rhn-users] SSL connect error with rhn_register

Gopal Peddinti ext-Gopal.Peddinti at vtt.fi
Wed Aug 11 15:14:59 UTC 2004

Hello there,

When I try to run "rhn_register" on my RHEL AS 2.1 machine, I get the SSL
connect error. Messages below. I am trying to run this from an X-window
emulator from a remote machine. I have set the DISPLAY environment variable
to the value "remotemachineIP:0.0".

Can you please suggest me how can I successfully register?

---------------------------
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #1
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #2
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #3
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #4
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #5
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #1
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #2
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #3
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #4
A socket error occured: SSL_connect error, attempt #5

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmain.c: line 582 (gtk_main_quit): assertion
`main_loops != NULL' failed.

Best regards,
Gopal.