[rhn-users] manipulating linux partitions

espen.ekeroth at om.com espen.ekeroth at om.com
Wed Aug 25 05:33:24 UTC 2004

This thread points at what I would say is one of the problems with linux
today - the lack of a standard tool for working with file systems. I have
been working with HP-UX for some years, and the abillity to enlarge and
change file systems while they are in use are very nice to have when the
system is in production. The HP-UX tool is not perfect (you may not
downsize a filesystem without creating a new one and copy the files
[downtime]), but other tasks like moving a filesystem from one disk to
another may be done in runtime.

Espen

Armando Garcia G <armando.garcia at nekotec.com.mx>
24.08.2004 22:50
Please respond to armando.garcia; Please respond to Red Hat Network Users
List