[rhn-users] sshd and kerberos 5

Preston, Gabriel GPreston at concordefs.com
Wed Dec 1 13:23:41 UTC 2004

We use Kerberos5 in our environment.  To get it to work, we modified our
/etc/pam.d/sshd file instead of enabling Kerberos5 in the sshd config file.
This is what our /etc/pam.d/sshd file looks like:

auth       sufficient   pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_krb5.so use_first_pass
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_limits.so
session    optional     pam_console.so

-gabriel