[rhn-users] rhn subscribe to additional channels using command line

Jesse Becker jbecker at northwestern.edu
Wed Dec 1 20:56:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:38:07AM -0600, Franco M. Bladilo wrote:
> Is there any other way to subscribe already registered systems to new
> channels without manually going to the rhn web interface ?
> We have created several private channels to distribute custom sofware
> and we currently have a lot of machines that may need to
> join some/all of these new channels.

The only way I know of for this is via up2date during the inital registration.

You *must* use an activation key, and that key can be associated with zero or
more channels.  Any system subscribed using this key will automatically be
subscribed to the channels associated with the key.

If a system is already registered, I think you have to re-register it; there
is not a way to "add" channels later that I am aware of.  That said, I'd love
for more flexible way, even if it's via a seperate command (something like
"rhn_subscribe_channel" or whatever).

--
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint: BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2