[rhn-users] sound card didn't work properly

ahmed zameer zameer_india at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 04:35:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I installed RHE LAS 3.0 ..........

I am having problem in inbuilt sound card......
for solution I done a lot so far and i am a newbie to
linux.... this process had been done so far...look
once

I am having Compaq branded system.... with "INBUILT
SOUND CARD" named "Intel Corp.|82801DB (ICH4) AC'97
Audio Controller" and it is having default driver
"i810_audio"...Infact my sound card details are as
follows from etc/sysconfig/hwconf.............

class: AUDIO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: i810_audio
desc: "Intel Corp.|82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 Audio
Controller"
vendorId: 8086
deviceId: 24c5
subVendorId: 13f6
subDeviceId: 0300
pciType: 1
pcibus: 0
pcidev: 1f
pcifn: 5

My Trails: I select "soundcard Detection" option from
system settings....here i found an option "play test
sound"... then i click on play test sound.....after
sometime i got a message like did u heard any sound
.... then i clicked on No option....thereafter i found
this error message " Automatic detection of the sound
card did not work " audio will not be available on the
system"...

then I downloaded ALSA
(alsa-drivers,alsa-lib,alsa-utilities,alsa-tools,etc..)
named
i)   alsa-drivers.1.0.7rc2.tar.bz2
ii)  alsa-lib.1.0.7rc2.tar.bz2
iii) alsa-utils.1.0.7rc2.tar.bz2
iv)  alsa-tools.1.0.7rc2.tar.bz2

and i compile them with tar xvjf option
then i installed all of them

no change in the system.... still i didn't found any
sound... what to do...?

My Question : Is my driver /inbuilt soundcard didn't
support LAS 3.0 ?
( or)
Is any other process.......I want complete notes how
to configure sound card....

any help would be appreciate.......

thanx in advance...
zameer ahmed syed...