[rhn-users] RHN proxy install

Rich Graves rcgraves at brandeis.edu
Fri Feb 20 19:55:44 UTC 2004

We're on infinite hold with support, but maybe answer will be quicker here:

When installing a RHN Proxy Server (which we just got, more than a month
after the first attempt to send a PO), do you need to start at the original
RHEL 2.1 distribution, or is a fresh RHEL 2.1 update #3 intall ok?

We tried a proxy install on a server converted from RHEL 2.1WS -> 2.1AS
and it failed in several ways. Decided we might as well try following the
directions and start completely from scratch, but where?
--
Rich Graves <rcgraves at brandeis.edu>
UNet Systems Administrator