[rhn-users] Upgrade 9.0 to RHEL 3.0

Knutsen, Mark Mark.Knutsen at nasdaq.com
Tue Jul 6 17:55:31 UTC 2004

This just in: Libraries in the new RHEL3 "httpd-" and "httpd-devel-2.0.46-32.ent.3" packages conflict with those from "subversion" and "subversion-devel" in RHL9, so add these to the list of packages to remove before upgrading if you want the later up2date to succeed:

  subversion subversion-devel

This sort of thing happens periodically as Red Hat updates packages. Conflicts are created with packages that used to exist in RHL9 and no longer exist in RHEL3 (at least not in the WS version that I use). The simple fix is to remove the older packages.

Of course, if you really need Subversion (or Koffice, or Galeon, etc.) you'll either need to --force something, find a third-party package that doesn't conflict, or compile from source.