[rhn-users] Re: RHN time discrepancies

Steve Elliott Clancy at embeddedoverflow.com.au
Fri Jul 9 05:40:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 15:59, Steve Elliott wrote:
> My time zone is Australia/Sydney (GMT+1000).
>
> I set my RHN preferences for GMT +1000.
>
> But if I connect at 15:00, RHN records that I connected at 16:00.
>
> Whats going on here?
>
> Steve

Thanks for your responses.

1) My local time zone (southern hemisphere)  is not in daylight savings
time.
2) GMT has no correction for daylight saving - its the standard.  People
in UK are not currently on GMT but they are on Britich Summer Time.

I think Les Bell is correct - the RHN servers are not handling the
preference request correctly. The preferences nominate an offset from
GMT and they should honour that.  (It is not an offset from the time in
London).

Why can't RHN allow standard UNIX timezones to be nominated for our
preference?

I'll follow Les's suggestion for now.

Steve