[rhn-users] alter the default terminal window size

Wen Bian wenbian at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:32:54 UTC 2004

Hi there,

Can someone please tell me how to alter the default terminal size in GNOME,
RHEL WS3?  I tried many "solutions" from internet, none worked.  Things like
"gnome-terminal --geometry 90x40" only work on command line,  or in a
launcher running it, but I wish to change the default setting for default
gnome terminals, e.g. a one you get by right clicking on desktop and
choosing the "New Terminal"...

BTW, if I directly put that command into Terminal profile (Edit --> Profiles
--> Default, in the popup, go to "Title and Command" tab, on the bottom, put
the command in "Custom command"), then a new terminal would have the new
size, but it keeps flicking..

Thanks!

Wen