[rhn-users] Fedora Core 2

Eduardo E. Silva esilva at silvex.com
Wed Jul 21 00:56:05 UTC 2004

I downloaded the Fedora Core 2 from redhat's web site. I tried installing
it on a Gateway E4100 machine. After boot from the first CD and going thru
the config process it failed at the OS install, since I made a partition
too small (/usr). So I rebooted the machine again to reconfigure the HD
partition. To my surprise the machine will freeze and can't go into BIOS
mode at all. I followed up some of gateway support bu nothing worked. They
are shipping a new motherboard with a new bios.

I have never encountered this from problem since '92. has anybody had a
similar problem ?

I also tried it on a different machine with SuSe 9.1 and the machine had
the same problems. Except the SuSe did installed successfully, but had the
same BIOS issue.

What gives.

--

Thanks,