[rhn-users] OpenSSL Question

Brent DiNicola rhlist at elric.net
Wed Jun 9 16:33:39 UTC 2004

Hello, I hope this doesn't seem to be something I am just missing.

I have RHEL 3.0 ES installed. Up to date as of today with all patches. rpm
-q openssl openssl-devel shows:
openssl-0.9.7a-33.4
openssl-devel-0.9.7a-33.4

I am trying to install several things that rely on SSL for connections.
irssi with SSL support.
(several)ircd's with SSL support (bahamut+azzora and trircd)
https SSL support

I got bit by the krb5 bug but have discovered I can fix that with the
-DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 so that it doesn't generate errors and then I don't have
to try to include the /usr/kerberos/include directory on compiling. Things
compile clean and I can generate a SSL certificate just fine. I don't get
errors at all, but nothing to do with SSL works. I can use cheezy mIRC on
my XP pc with a stunnel and connect to another SSL server for testing, but
I can't connect to the server I have created. I also can't use the irssi
to connect to the remote SSL server. I have come to the conclusion that
something is wrong with OpenSSL on Redhat ES .. or I am missing something
that everyone else seems to get.

Has anyone gotten these things to work or have any pointers? I am really
baffled here on wether it's me or it's really messed up.

Let me know if you can help or need more information, anything at this
point is ok.

(P.S. I can get these things to apparently compile on RH 7.3 but again..
irssi doesn't connect to the remote server either, there is no firewall in
the way except on the mIRC that works :) )

Brent
--
Brent DiNicola
The Whitewolf of Imrryr