[rhn-users] RHN Proxy Server Requirements

Andy Ciordia andy.ciordia at pgdc.com
Mon Jun 14 21:21:01 UTC 2004

Jonathan Fischer wrote:

> Can the RHN Proxy Server be installed on Red Hat Enterprise AS 3?  The
> whitepaper and requirements listed for it on the website indicated
> that only AS 2.1 was supported, while the documentation that came as
> part of the ISO download says AS 2.1 Update 3 or later.

The channel entitlement is for AS 2.1.  I recently made an inquiry into
when this was going to be pushed forward since the PXE package/
rhn-boot-configurator is only availble to 3 channels (and I'm looking
for a complete installation-tree + pxe-boot + proxy box).  Its in the
pipe but who knows when it will be pushed forward.

I find it short term acceptable but like many,  their proxy box might do
a few more taskings and to require a 2.1 box supported in an office
thats 3 prolific might not be where any of us want to be.  I'd suggest
tossing in a support ticket so that the powers that be keep having those
numbers rise.

-a