[rhn-users] registering a system

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Fri Jun 18 20:46:02 UTC 2004

On Friday, June 18, 2004, at 04:11 PM, Dan Wittenberg wrote:

> Someone from RH (Todd ?) comment on this one?  I've never used these
> options, but maybe will work:
>
> --orgid=<value>            - specify a organizational id
> --orgpassword=<value>      - specify a organizational password

The network is working fine.  I can ping www.cisco.com.  I was able to
telnet
into port 443 on xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com

I reset my hostname to name.subnet.subnet.subnet.

rhnreg_ks -username=user password=passwd   comes back with a list of
options
Error parsing command list arguments: option -u not recognized
Usage: rhnreg_ks [options]

up2date -p
You need to register this system by running `up2date --register` before
using this option

When I run "up2date --register" or rhn_register, I get the following
errors in the background:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1186, in ?
     sys.exit(main() or 0)
   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 718, in main
     tui.main()
   File "tui.py", line 1097, in main
   File "tui.py", line 1041, in run
   File "tui.py", line 613, in __init__
   File "hardware.py", line 520, in Hardware
   File "hardware.py", line 348, in read_network
   File "hardware.py", line 320, in findHostByRoute
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/string.py", line 122, in split
     return s.split(sep, maxsplit)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'