[rhn-users] RHN Proxy Server Requirements

Todd Warner taw at redhat.com
Tue Jun 22 13:41:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Aboobacker (Network Admin.) wrote:

> I have 128 Kbps leased line, how can i configure the proxy server on
> RedHat 3.0
> Internal IP range is 172.16.. and external is 62.149... .
> Where I can notify incoming and outgoing port and proxy server address.
>
> Please inform me, its useful for us.
> With regards,
> Aboobacker

I am not sure what you are asking. RHN Proxy is not available on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3 just yet.

If you are looking for firewalling information, the only ports you
should have open are 80 and 443 (and I recommend 22 for SSHing, or is it
23?). And if you are finished with testing and using nothing but SSL,
you can close off 80 as well.

-Todd

--
 /odd Warner                                    <taw@{redhat,pobox}.com>