[rhn-users] VSFTP

Lisa Cooper lcooper at msad52.k12.me.us
Tue Jun 22 15:48:41 UTC 2004

I'm running it as my web server and am trying to set up VSFTP.

I have just started using Red Hat Enterprise edition AS so I'm new with
this distribution.  I am having difficulty with using VSFTP. I have set up
everything for a web server using Apache webserver and I am having a
problem with FTP.

I can FTP, but it takes almost 25-30 seconds to connect on the same LAN
and navigating within folders is just as slow. All of my patches are up to
date and the machine is a P4 with 512 of RAM. I used to be running this
server on a P2 with 64 Mb of RAM with SUSE and a different version of FTP.
Apache runs fine and there seems to be no decrease in speed or any other
"glitches". The FTP was much quicker on the previous server. Any
suggestions as to a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much
Lisa