[rhn-users] problems with rhn_register... but only in somecases...

RHN-Users Readers role.rhn-users at axoria.net
Mon Mar 1 11:07:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 10:48, Evert Meulie wrote:

> I thought about that as well, and disabled https. Same problem
> though...
>
> (I've checked the proxy-logs to make sure that there was no https...)

Hmmm... yes, it seems odd.

In situations like this, I usually reach for tcpdump and get it
narrowed-down enough to just see the packets for the RHN access attempt.
Watching it at various points eventually reveals to me where the packets
are actually being dropped or bounced, which can help track down the
cause a lot. It's very often some obscure routing problem.

Also quite often, I notice that it's actually traffic not being routed
_back_ to the host in question, rather than an outbound blockage. But, I
am using NAT and direct routing and never any proxying so again YMMV.

Hope it helps!

--
Best regards,
James.