[rhn-users] NFS Forward question

Lance Raymond lance at darkerforce.com
Mon Mar 1 14:00:26 UTC 2004

This it my 1st post to the group (just subscribed) so please excuse if
this has been covered or the wrong group!

Here is the general setup/question:

Home network is a redhat 7.3 machine, 2 nic's.  One out to ISP, other to
internal network.  That box is using IPtables, and MASQ.  On the
internal network I have a machine that I would like to mount a drive
from outside on the public network.  I can forward HTTP and FTP with no
problem to see that box, but I am not sure on NFS.   I see 2049 in
/etc/services, but is there anything else I need to forward?

I get rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not Permitted in the log file
on the gateway machine.

Thanks for any / all help or directions where to start looking!

--
--Lance 		                         _o)