[rhn-users] RedHat ES 3.0 - kernel problem

espen.ekeroth at om.com espen.ekeroth at om.com
Wed Mar 24 13:36:29 UTC 2004

Sorry: Do mean SMP.

The thing I do not understand is that running the non SMP version, "top"
do display 2 CPU's. We do I need a SMP kernel?

(I'm used to HP-UX, and have never seen different kernels depending on
different number of CPU's. Since Linux handles processes very well it
should just load balance the processes on the CPU's)

Espen

Espen Ekeroth
+ 47 69 21 55 81

Benjamin Stewart <benstewart74 at yahoo.com.au>