[rhn-users] plz help me

Shahgee shaharshad at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 12:00:13 UTC 2004

Hi Dears,
well i have installed mysql 5.0 on my linux machine
version 8.0. I installed Mysql 5.0 package and other
packages, but when i tried to run package of My-SQL
shared libraries. It gives an error that is

Error: Failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.0.9.6 is needed by
MySQL-shared-5.0.0-0
        libssl.so.0.9.6 is needed by
MySQL-shared-5.0.0-0

Then i checked out  Openssl package that is present,
at the end when i give the commad below, it gave me
following result

rpm -q --whatprovides /lib/libssl.so.2
file /lib/libssl.so.2 is not owned by any package

Which tells me that I may have manually created the
link, via ln -s.   But i don't know how to create that
all manually, Can any one tell me how to give manual
path of these libraries and how to verify that shared
libraries for mysql are configured with these
thanking in advance
regards
arshad shah