[rhn-users] upgrade question

Benjamin Stewart benstewart74 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 29 11:58:17 UTC 2004

If the system is not working properly I would advise strongly against
simply doing an upgrade. If you really dont want to do any of this you
should be able to track down where your system is having trouble. All
the services that you mentioned have logs files and these should tell
you what the problem is. Maybe try some of this first (even post to the
group with questions) before you charge of down the reinstall path. Then
again if you really want a more recent release then go nuts.... but I
advise strongly against an upgrade on top of a system not working
properly, this will probably make things worse, not better.

Regards
Ben