[rhn-users] Spoofed packet question

J learn at ihug.com.au
Sun May 2 11:18:58 UTC 2004

In general, anti-spoofing is a check that the packet comes from an
interface that is supposed to be where the source address says it is.

I don't know if anti-spoofing is available with IP tables - but this is
the sort of thing that you will be looking for.

For example, Checkpoint Firewall-1 provides antispoofing by demanding
that the administrator teach it all the subnets that sit behind each
firewall.

CyberGuard firewalls work the same out from the rote table.

J <learn at ihug.com.au>