[rhn-users] Re: kernel: fh_verify: no root_squashed access at ~user/.xsession-errors.

Aron Vrtala, Vienna Univ. Computer Center av at ap.univie.ac.at
Tue May 11 19:02:23 UTC 2004

Hi all,

>> This error has popped up in the logs since wiping our NFS fileserver
>> and installing RHEL AS v3.  Does anyone here recognize this and/or have
>> any pointers on how to remedy?   My google search only turned up other
>> users trying to figure out what this error was as well.  The home
>> partition is exported with the default option of root_squash.  I'd be
>> glad to supply any other useful info.
>>
>> YTIA
>> Jurvis LaSalle

>Well this may not resolve your problem but it appears to have been
>submitted as bugzilla #110421
>--
>Pete Nesbitt, rhce

We've got the same problem and Bugzilla is not responding to it up to now.
Since we are in big troubles: Is there ANYONE who knows how to workaround ?

The problem occurs with both RHEL V3 and FC 1 Servers or Clients at
current patchlevels. Tru64 NFS-Client aborts too. The problem blocks
mailbox-locking and other locking processes, or makes them unreliable at
least... NFS Filesystems are exported rw,sync and no_root_squash. NFS
Mount is done in all cases as V3 with wsize=rsize=8192 over UDP.

Any help is highly appreciated,

thanx in advance,

Aron
Dr. Aron Vrtala                    | Internet eMail:
Zentraler Informatikdienst der     |      aron.vrtala at ap.univie.ac.at
Universitaet Wien                  |      aron.vrtala at univie.ac.at
   Abteilung Dezentrale Systeme    | eMail Hotline-Service:
   Aussenstelle Physik             |      hotline at ap.univie.ac.at
Boltzmanngasse 5, A-1090 Vienna    | Tel: +43-1-4277 /14102,    Hotline: /14100
Austria, Europe                    | Fax: +43-1-4277 /9141
-----

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they
 were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison