[rhn-users] Kernel error

Corné Beerse cbeerse at lycos.nl
Wed May 12 13:40:52 UTC 2004

Jorge wrote:
> Hello.
> Red Hat 8.0   kernel 2.4.18-19.8.0
> I'm tring to install kernel 2.4.19, compiling it.
> I've done:

What have you unpacked? If you start with a RedHat kernel (the 19.8.0 in the
kernel version tells me you do) then you cannot use patching the kernel, you
need tot install the complete new kernel source.

> make xconfig  -> ok
> make dep clean -> ok
> make bzImage ->error  :       stdarg.h: Not exists File or directory
>
> I think it was kernel-headers but I've installed glibc-kernheaders.

You should install a complete source with the headers from the same version. As
far as I know, if you download a source package, the headers are included.

> What Can I do?

Best to follow the recipy from the beginning: unpack a single, complete source,
best into a new directory (/usr/src/<kernel including version number>/.).

CBee