[rhn-users] RHN Not Updating

Pete Toscano pete-rhnusers at verisignlabs.com
Wed May 19 13:00:03 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm reposting this from the Taroon list as nobody was able to help.
Maybe someone here can help?

=============================
I have four currently deployed RHEL 3 ES boxes.  When the Update 2 RPMs
were added to the EL 3 channel, I had all my boxes apply errata and
update.

First, none of them applied the updates after I added them to the update
queue (and waited at least a day).  I had to run rhn_update as root by
hand on every box for the update processing to begin.  Then, only 2 of
the boxes started updates.  I had to continually run it as the updating
kept failing with timeouts.

For the other two, I constantly get seg faults.  I tried rebuilding the
RPM database.  I tried deleting the profiles.  I tried only applying one
errata at a time.  Nothing works and I keep getting...

[pete at box pete]$ sudo /usr/sbin/rhn_check
errata.update ([2102],)
Segmentation fault

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Thanks,
pete