[rhn-users] Re: up2date automation

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadf at u.washington.edu
Wed May 19 17:47:10 UTC 2004

Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> I'm looking for a howto on up2date, or guidance from the list.
>
> I'm having a hell of a time with the gui and rhn web interface.
> There are always problems when I select to upgrade several
> packages - quite a few fail.
>
> Any tales of how you make up2date work for you greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to use the RHN web interface, but so far only one or
two updates are installed and the rest fail with "Failed: There was a
communication error talking to the server" (code 21)

I'm at a loss for troubleshooting this error. Everything works fine when
I run up2date from the machine manually, and rhn_check does not report
any problems.