[rhn-users] RH9 & USB ADSL

JRH v6vitanic at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 19 21:13:18 UTC 2004

Hi All....

I've just installed RH9 ( I bought it back end of last year, but never installed it!), as I'm now officially a Mandrake refugee! There are one or two things I dont particularly like about the new release of 10, so I'm giving Red Hat a try.

One question:

I have the Alcatel Speedtouch USB ADSL modem. It's showing in the USB devices section as being there, but thats about it!

I have tried the internet connection wizard, and that only gives me the option of ethernet for ADSL.

I've tried all the logical ways, but I admit I have come up against a brick wall on this one!

Any advice would be appreciated on how to get up and running, but keep it simple please, as I've only been Linux mounted 6 months, and I'm not yet that proficient.

Many Thanks,

JRH