[rhn-users] Red Hat Cluster Manager

sukhinder.toor at bell.ca sukhinder.toor at bell.ca
Thu May 27 15:08:14 UTC 2004

Here is my environment:

OS Level:         Redhat 2.4.9-e.30smp

Cluster Rev:      Red Hat Cluster Manager (clumanager) 1.0.19

I have two services defined in the cluster. One service is disabled and
the other is stopped:

=========================  S e r v i c e   S t a t u s
========================

                                         Last             Monitor
Restart

  Service        Status   Owner          Transition       Interval Count

  -------------- -------- -------------- ---------------- --------
-------

  infra902       disabled None           14:04:12 May 26  0        0

  test           stopped  None           10:47:33 May 27  0        0

When starting the cluster, there is a script associated with each
service (this is to bring up the service).

Here is the problem I am having:

When I issue the command "/etc/init.d/cluster start", a "stop" parameter
is passed to both scripts, and then a start parameter is passed to the
script associated with the enabled service. Why does the 'stop'
parameter get passed to each script? How can I avoid / disable this?
Here are some entries from the log file:

MSG: Thu May 27 10:59:48 EDT 2004 stop was the parameter passed to TEST
script.

MSG: Thu May 27 10:59:48 EDT 2004 stop paramter was passwd to SERVICE
script.

MSG: Thu May 27 10:59:51 EDT 2004 start was the parameter passed to TEST
script.

Note: Here is the status of service once the cluster comes up:

                                         Last             Monitor
Restart

  Service        Status   Owner          Transition       Interval Count

-------

  infra902       disabled None           14:04:12 May 26  0        0

  test           started  qqtcde         10:59:51 May 27  0        0

--Sukhinder