[rhn-users] Bootloader Errors

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Fri Oct 8 19:48:06 UTC 2004

check http://www.systemv4.de/linux/lilo.html

LI indicates first stage boot loader was able to load the second but failed to execute it (wrong BIOS settings?)

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> Justin.StMarie at merrimack.edu 10/08/04 03:34PM >>>
Hello,
  I'm having problems booting RHEL 3 Desktop.  I've tried LILO and GRUB.  LILO prints LI to the screen and GRUB prints GRUB and freezes.  I am currently using the QNX bootloader, which I use to boot QNX, RHEL, and Windows.

My partition Tables:

PATA (which I believe the system sees as the primary drive) has QNX as partition 1.

SATA drive has Partition 1 NTFS, 85gb.  Partition 2 is /boot, 100mb, Partition 3 is /, 15gb, Partition 4 is extended with the SWAP as Partition 5 at 1gb.

I've been trying different options for a month now, and I've run out of ideas.

Thanks,
 Justin