[rhn-users] cyrus-sasl not seen by redhat-config-packages

Rob Carlson rob at vees.net
Thu Oct 14 18:19:33 UTC 2004

On Oct 14, 2004, at 11:48, Alfred Hovdestad wrote:

> It sounds like you have installed a newer cyrus-sasl package than was
> included in the distribution and that there is a dependency in the
> development package for the cyrus-sasl package.   You should be able
> to install the newer version of the development tools with up2date:
>
> up2date cyrus-sasl-devel (or whatever the package name is).

Alfred:

Great tip, that solved the cyrus-sasl dependancy but now I have the
same issue with jakarta-commons-logging and jaxp_transform_impl, both
of which come up missing under redhat-config-packages but are visible
to rpm -q, and neither of which appear to have corresponding -devel
packages available.  Running an up2date returns (predictably):

The following packages you requested are already updated:
jakarta-commons-logging

--
Rob Carlson  rob at vees.net  http://vees.net/