[rhn-users] Enterprise WS & ES (3.0) Antivirus

Scott Ryan scottr at staff.intekom.com
Tue Oct 19 15:43:02 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 13:35, George Allen Jr shaped the electrons to say:
> Hello
>
> I am looking for an antivirus solution compatible with RHEL 3.0, both WS
> and ES.
I currently use Clam Antivirus with multilog & daemontools which works great
on ES3.
If you install daemontools & multilog I can supply wou with an SRPM.
> As these installations do not have Internet access, I would need
> any solution to afford me the ability to deliver program/definition updates
> via CD, outside of any "Live Update"-esque type of updating.
It is possible with clam to download the cvd files (main & daily), put them on
a cd and then install them into the /usr/share/clamav/ dir.
Although I would suggest that you have at least one machine that can download
at least hourly, the definitions.

> Thanks!
> George

(0>	Scott Ryan
//\ 	Senior Unix/Linux Engineer
V_/_	Telkom Internet - South Africa
He who controls the past, controls the future,
He who controls the present, controls the past.
- George Orwell, 1984