[rhn-users] Backup Linux.

lin77sys lin77sys at yahoo.it
Fri Oct 22 08:44:17 UTC 2004

Some days ago I wonder for an application useful to clone linux hard disks. This would be very nice in case of hardware fault. Some of you suggested "mondo rescue" from www.microwerks.net/~hugo/ and a procedure to install it. Thank you so much. It is a powerful tool, unfortunately hasn't a md5sum or PGP key to verify the file downloaded. Security in my company is a very important question and my boss permit to install RPMs only from a trusted source. So I am going to buy a commercial product even if I must agree that it has very very good features. http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimageserverlinux/ It costs about 700 Euro that in a mission critical situation it isn't very expensive. I am going to install a server reacheable by network designed to host disk images of all my servers. Then this images will be copied on a tape for backup.
Thanks.